Get the free aa600 form
Who needs an AA-600 form?
All drivers involved in a car accident that takes place in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania have to fill out this report. This form is required in case of injury or death of any person and if the motor vehicle was damaged so seriously that it can not be driven further. The report should be completed only if the accident is not investigated by the police.
What is the AA-600 form for?
This form serves as a report of a motor vehicle accident within the borders of Pennsylvania. The Department of Transportation uses the information provided to develop accident prevention programs and reduce accidents.
Which documents support the AA-600 form?
As a rule, there is no need to attach other forms to the AA-600. The Department of Transportation can ask the drivers to provide additional documents, however.
When is the AA-600 form?
The report should be forwarded to the Department of Transportation within 5 days of the accident.
What information should be provided in the AA-600?
The driver should add the following information:
- Date of accident
- Day of week and time
- Severity degree
- Number of involved vehicles
- Number of injured and/or killed persons
- Place where the accident took place
- Information about the driver (name, vehicle license number and state, address, date of birth)
- Information about other vehicles, pedestrian or property
- Information about the involved persons (name, age, sex, vehicle number, type of injury, etc.)
- Information about the insurance company
- Weather conditions
- Diagram of the accident (use the instructions)
- Detailed description of an accident (prior to impact, at impact, after impact)
- Indicate if the accident was investigated by the police
Pennsylvania accident report must be signed and dated.
Where do I send the AA-600 form?
The report should be sent to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, Bureau of Highway Safety and Traffic Engineering by the person involved in the accident.